Pages

Monday 15 May 2017

Seedy

Would you look at all my seeds. And these are just the squash! Lovely mommy lady found me some interesting pumpkins and gourds. I love gourds. And I cannot say that word, even in my head without it sounding like something from the life of Brian  (it is his gourd).
So today it rained, and I'm sure every single weed on the farm shouted yippee and grew 2 inches taller! Then again the self set potatoes have got over the late frost and are 6 inches tall😊 yes, I'm over excited about the prospect of new potatoes,  and about strawberries,  and the currants swelling! My lettuces are filling out as are the Chinese leaves that are left after the bits decided they were really tasty.
My £7 worth of assorted food I bought in aldi is becoming tea this week, along with half a packet of streaky bacon and some frozen chicken thighs left over from when a kitty was ill.
Tonight was vaguely garlic chicken (marinated overnight so no one knew it was thigh not breast) griddled on the...griddle! The end of a bag of crinkle chips I found when tidying the freezer, pitta bread and salad.
There's still enough chicken left for another 2 portions😊 not touched the nice looking ham, peppers or mushrooms! This is me trying to feed the boys more healthily on my extreme budget!
£40 to feed 3 adults, 14 cats and a dog, including all cleaning products and household consumables!  I don't think the boys appreciate how difficult menu planning is when your budget is £3 a day😊
At least the fridge is full as you can see and it's nearly all healthy...well...apart from the coffee cake in the tin at the top. As far as I'm concerned there has to be some pleasures in life and cake is mine😊 (it's a Mary berry recipe!)
BBS x if I can get into the hang of this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment