Pages

Thursday 24 April 2014

Muggy thursday

OOOh it was muggy today, all hot and cloudy and ick!
earnt - zero, spent - zero :)
Look what I found in the field today! Honestly, who loses a spoon in a field?? And its good metal so yes, I am going to wash it up!!! Found it whilst hand drilling 12 rows of parsnips with this...
Ah the hand drill. My amish cousins would be happy with this! I believe it was cobbled together by my grandad! But it does its job and I know how to use it for different sozed seed. That was one thing dad did teach me! We also drilled 28 rows of carrots, but we used the tractor for that!
This morning DS handed me his mending as he went off to school. Mum, can you fix these please.
Doggy...
We think he's had doggy since he was about a year old! And his arm was in need of some stitches! And his neck too. All done now, and doggy looks happy about it!
The school trousers, when we went to the city we bought some new hooks and bars..
As the ones on his best trousers had given up.
Cheaper than a new pair of trousers!!
Ah a classic fairy mend!! He'd managed to rip the fabric where the old hook was so its had a little patch too! I was pleased that he asked for a mend rather than new trousers. He's learning that things aren't throwaway!
Another attempt at spirals as I was cooking wedges anyway. Better deep fried! Then crisped further in the oven :)
Yummy tea with scotch egg :) And DS got his 'scotches'.
Yes, deep fried sausage balls! It won't harm DS as everyone always worries he's anorexic. They haven't seen him eat! That annoys me. He's tall and slim, like DD was at that age. I'd understand if he was a chunky monkey like me, but he's underweight. He eats three meals a day plus snacks. He eats veg alot. Oh well, can't get anything right being a mum!!
Finished another bottle of milk so I've used my super cheap salad leaves in this one :0 see how they get on.

And started some rolls at teatime as we're out of bread! Have to knead before beddybyes :)
BBS x


No comments:

Post a Comment