Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Stodgy fairy will never be able to fly

Ah potatoes! Stodgy and for me...free!! Which means potato meals are my favourites! So tonight was lots of them...sliced thinly...then add half a pack of streaky bacon (75p worth from Aldi!) and a couple of leeks(and yes, another thing we grow so free again!)
Cheese sauce..more sauce than cheese to be honest...used dried skimmed milk powder thats been sitting on a shelf (no one noticed the difference!) a tbsp of flour and marg. Less than 25p for that then! Layer it all up with a smidge of grated cheese on top....
Then wang it in the oven for an hour or so (or in my case till DS came home from work..hence the nice brown top..and very brown bottom that is in the sink trying to un-weld itself from my casserole dish!) Voila!!
AND there's enough left for me to have it heated up tomorrow lunch time..so in a little soup dish it went and now its hiding from DS in the fridge! (he would eat it..if he knew it was there...that boy has hollow legs!!)

Ah teeny little beauty! Perfect for a chilly day...I even get some of the brown bits too!! Yum:)
We will NOT waste anything!!!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment