Pages

Monday 24 November 2014

Fairy is feeling grrrrreen

I'm sorry, but I need a vent. A family friend passed away last week. He was 90, farmer, ww2 veteran, all round interesting. His funeral is Thursday in the village. Now fred came down today so I told him, keep in mind he'd known this person easily 40 years, and had been friends with him. Do you know what he said when I told him about the funeral...."I don't think I'll bother". I was gobsmacked, I managed to say really but what can you say when someone can't be bothered to pay their respects at a funeral of a friend.  And yes, he's still coming down, but not as often!
So I've been stroppy...last week oh's friend came down. This is the friend who only ever calls or turns up when he wants something.  A couple of weeks ago oh asked him to go look at a car with him. He hummed and harred and said he was too busy. He doesn't work mind you but he was too busy. So...He turned up last week (when he was supposed to still be busy)...stopped oh working, sidetracked Jones the steam for 4 hours to look at his laptop, took bits off oh's spare land rover,(without offering to pay for them)  wanted heavy duty plastic (and oh gave it to him grrr) then went! If he wasn't oh's best friend I'd have told him to f*$#@#@ off! We've never asked him to help apart from that one time and we got a no. All the time I've known him all he's done is want. Life is too short for toxic relationships, especially whenever he visits or calls I get mad at poor oh, who just gives in to him. He has been the cause of every single argument we've had!
Pah! BBS x hopefully happier!

4 comments:

  1. I have met people like them and in the end give it to them with both barrels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep breath of fairy power! Can I ask... What does BBS stand for?
    J. x

    ReplyDelete