Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Crispy fried fairy

 So...its been jolly hot around here...and would you take a look at my patty pan squash! They are going mad and as I've never grown them before I had no idea what to expect! Next year I'll be prepared to expect ALOT! And as its been so hot I did what mommy used to do..I hoed in sandals...as you can see it gives you a great 'fen tan' on your feet and ankles!

 Then again my hands aren't much better!!!!
 The courgettes are going insane....now that I did expect!
 But they are just so pretty! I've made zucchini bread, but its still cooling. When I cut it I'll show you. Quote of the day comes from OH when he asked what I'd baked, when told courgette cake he said..."I'll not be trying that". Well guess what sweetie, I aint baking anything else till you HAVE tried it!
 Got the old singer out again as I found what appears to be old tablecloth fabric in dads house!
 So I ran up a dress for something to do:) It has now been dyed green, as white is a stain waiting to happen!
 Weeting Rally at the weekend...lots of loading and unloading of tractors and a minor meltdown for me when it finally got to me that dad wasn't there :( He loved the gallopers...and so did I...just ask mommy how much I loved roundabouts as a child!
 And the steam engines were beautiful, some serious shining going on there!
 Alot of tractors and alot of people, even though it was 32 degrees on saturday, least it didn't have too much rain.
 And lastly isn't it funny how you change as you get older. DS had a go on the chairoplanes...when I was young I loved them. But I found myself looking at how they were attached at the top and noticed they just hook on! I am old...next I'll be checking the bolts :)
Life is busy busy...picking, digging, hoeing, friday I'll start bunching, been eating greengages till I actually had to sell them!
BBS x

4 comments:

  1. Maybe as we age we become more aware and don't fancy things we used to love when younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Patty pans with cheese melted on them. I wonder if they keep like butternuts?
    Good job my Tom didn't see the feet, he can't stand feet....LOL
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. zucchini bread sounds intresting, did he like it,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Briony..my feet are like that every day! Its scrubbing brush and carbolic for me :D I don't think the patty pans will keep, they're more like courgettes sadly. x
    And OH would not try the zucchini bread. jones the steam helped me polish off the first one and ot sent home with half the second!
    And DC...I'm just a wuss!! Mo xx

    ReplyDelete