Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

Jar savers anonymous

It can't just be me who saves jars just in case. I remember great grandmother Gladys always had a stash. Thinking about this today as I was given 2 as of homemade chutney.  And it got me thinking, I know most years I make more preserves than I need, jam, chutney, you name it I've had a go at making it, and I always make more than I can eat in a year, and when I'm really happy with the results I'd love to share them. Maybe I should start a local preserve sharing scheme....
In other news it's advent filling time. As dd didn't return her special advent calender for 4 years now I finally have it back I've turned into mean mummy and won't let her have it this year...so instead she has an advent jar! Just hope it doesn't still pong of the pickled eggs it had in it before!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment