Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

The great grand fairy

The cheese and potato pie!! Thought I'd show you...ooh look ...crumpy bits on top :) And yes, I have now cleaned the worksurface...I know I'm a messy cook!!
So, great grandmother...well..I found this the other day...and i thought I'd show you. I love it and I think my mommy would agree it sums the old lady up! It now has pride of place in my newly cleaned kitchen as a reminder...
Say it with me ladies....
Waste not.....
Want not!!!
I mean, who puts that on a fancy dish apart from Victorians! Whats not to love! And I'm hoping it will remind me that frugal isn't all bad and sometimes can be fun...my fondest memories of grandmother are walking and collecting sticks, then going back to her bedroom, lighting the fire, and her wrappng me in her handmade from scraps, quilt and telling me i was 'as snug as a bug in a rug'. Soft aint I??
Anyway...talking about tight...i mean careful...look at this....
Ah 11p an hour:) I like it better when it says 0.
And our living room was 17.3 degrees. Not cold enough to light the fire! I have a feeling I may turn into grandmother after all!! BUT fairy lights are prettier than the main living room lights ;-) and they use alot less leccy!! And candles are romantic:-D and its not too hard to put a jumper on now is it??!!
I shall be on the purple sprouting broccoli trail again tomorrow...what shall we do with it this week?? We shall see!!
BBS x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment