Pages

Thursday 9 January 2014

Funny..money..fairy



Absent again...I have no excuse...apart from some good books and the fact that I can do a little more now..a little...not alot!
So we start with the opening of the sealed pots..like guess the weight...£10?? More? Well..there were 2 pots full of dross..thats what this looks like..
And it seems that 2 little pots, full to the brim held....£60!!
Yay!!! So I have sealed up the pots again ready for another years savings:)
And as if the happy joy of £60 wasn't enough...then there was the £2 coin pot...that help £144!! I was overwhelmed! So..all these pennies go in the saving terrarium..green glass thing meant for growing plants...so I added it all up.....

There was exactly £500!! To say I was surprised would be an understatement! As it has no use I'll just keep adding to it...it has in its time paid for a new mattress, and paid to have all the cats 'fixed'!
As an emergency fund its great, as no one wants to spend annoying bags of pennies or 50p's! So you really have to need it:)
On another note DD bought me a marvellous game for xmas...
It has enough rules to keep me busy for days:D
But it needed a flat surface to play on..so I asked OH if he could make me a gameboard..half jokingly adding that it could do with little boxes to keep the counters in...well blow me down if he didn't make me this...
The board fits perfectly:) He is a special man my OH. Awful at housework..hopeless at remembering things..won't admit he's going deaf (or is that just male pattern deafness where women are concerned??!) but ask him to make something and he's brilliant!!
And now on to the Bisquik... I can remember this being around when I was little...and my lovely mommy lady sends me recipes using it regularly..so I found some in the UK and had a go...
Cup of chicken, nearly 2 cups of broccolli and a can of chicken soup....
Mix up bisquik slop..now that looks appealing..and bake..
Tahdah!! Impossible pie..or as we called it..Magic pie! This is some good winter stodge..and we all know how much I love stodge! I shall try bacon impossible pie next...looks kinda like crustless quiche:) And as the bisquik was on the side...and the deep fat fryer was out too...I thought I'd attempt doughnut holes....
2 C Bisquik
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 C milk
1 tsp vanilla ess
1 egg beaten..
Deep fryer to 190 degrees, mix it all together till its doughy. Shape into 1 inch balls. Drop a few balls into oil for 1-2 mins till golden, then shake in a bag of sugar for that I've been to the seaside feel!
Oh dear lord they are GOOD! DS put 3 in his lunchbox for school..'That sugar rush will keep me going' he told me! This is not healthy..but its sooooo yummy! I think there are 3 left:)
Off to see what else I can make...http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment