Pages

Saturday 8 February 2014

Fairy, what is that?

PSB - Purple sprouting borccoli. Some years it gets eaten by the pidgeons, some years it gets eaten by the catty pillars, and some years it gets eaten by me!! It would seem this year its my turn. I'm having to pick it every other day now, and getting a carrier bagful at a time. Some of it I can sell in my little stall, but sadly not al of it.
So we have to eat it!! The other week we had it 3 times in one week, and as much as I love it...well, I don't love it that much! So, I don't wanna fill the freezer with it, it takes up alot of space!
Yesterday, the stall was full of it, and so this bagful had to come in to the kitchen..so, first job, make it small and even sized...
Zizzed!!! With the zizzer!!
Next time to get the dehydrator out from its shelf, baking parchment cut in circles, then on it goes...
I ended up with four layers of what looks suspiciously like grass clippings! And funnily enough smelt like it too as it started to dry!
Ah would you look at that :) the joy of not wasting stuff...
And this is what the whole carrier bagful of it turned into..
Tahdah!! One (recycled) coffee jar of dried PSB to be used in Rice a roni, with pasta and I have a recipe I wanna try for broccoli and tomato tartlets and as I have dried tomatoes too...we shall see what it looks like! It stops the glut looking too scary, doesn't fill my freezer, is convenient, and I can add a '5 a day' without anyone complaining "its green" :) Good eh?
DS quote...."Mum, have you got drugs in that jar?" ...." No sweetie, but you can smoke some if you like, just take it outside"
Gotta smile! BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment