Pages

Saturday 8 February 2014

Potato shaped fairy

Ok, so these are the leftover cheese scones from the day we ran out of bread and no- one wanted to go to the shops! Definitely no potato in these...but the last week I seem to have ingested alot, and I mean alot of potato..
Beef (remember the stuff that was equal tvp and mince, with alot of added veg!) Magic pie as its known in our house. Basically a Bisquik topping!Impossible pie is pure winter stodge and can use alot of different ingredients! And there's the potato! I cooked extra, in fact so much extra I had to get OH to mash it in a huge bowl as it kept overflowing from the large saucepan!! Well, potato is free so it has to have its uses! So first made some potato scones for the freezer (not that the freezer was hungry)..
Nice bit of freeflow going on there, and don't you just love the lime green silicon!? Then..cheese and potato pie..for 2 days lunches...
I was a tadge careful with the cheese but the top was crusty just how it should be...Now my trouble was mash on tue, cheese pie wed, and baked pot for tea wed, cheese pie thurs dinner, and mash again fri night. I actually don't wanna see a potato this week!
I know it was cheap last week, mainly leftovers and potatoes. But I think I may have to venture into the rice and pasta domain this week. And I think my digestion and taste buds will thank me!!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment