Pages

Friday 14 February 2014

Well blow the fairy over


What a vile afternoon, high winds and rain, and pictures of Britain on the news that remind me of New Orleans after hurricane Kattrina. Which in turn makes me think of governments that do little for months! Of countries, so much in debt that instead of fixing the roads they put up signs warning of substandard road surfaces, uneven roads, and speed restrictions.
Well at least the winds are blowing through the greenhouse, which still has washing drying in it, no tumble dryer usage at all since I started doing the washing again! Job #1 that the fairy has re-taken!!!
And guess wha else is drying on the greenhouse washing line??
Yep,used ziplock baggies!! Waste not want not remember!!!  A pack of 30 is 99p so thats 3.3p each! 6 on the line means I've saved about 19p already this week!!
And talking about saving I was most smug this ths week....I wrote my shopping list, £25 in my little money bag, and I had change!!!
And there was nothing that wasn't on the list!! Woohoo!! Maybe I'd just planned what OH was likely to put in! Or maybe he was scared to put anything in as he knew I only had baggy, no purse!! Sneaky eh?
Had a little Herman apple cake bake in the vain hope of not having to buy apple pies...
Didn't work! As the evening after cake was made 4 pieces were missing already!!
This week was also ham week...ooooh I like ham...
So, in the slow cooker over night with alot of veg, taken out to cool for tea at breakfast time, load of green lentils bunged in to make soup, ready to be zizzed by tea break!
So, one lump of ham. Six portions of soup, 4 for the freezer
Although DS did say it wasn't the prettiest of colours...
Tea that night with potato salad and tomatoes!
(really must adjust the colours on my phone, it wasn't neon pink!)
And 2 baggies of shavings towards leek and ham gratin over the next few weeks:D
Plus lunches everyday of hammy rolls:D
S-t-r-e-t-c-h that meat!!
And as an added joy this week, I was left two bags of books at my little stall:) What alot of free reading!!
And I fairied and worked properly!! Look at the lovely trays of celeriac I cut and washed all by myself....
Splendid!!!!
BBS x  

No comments:

Post a Comment