Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Do wheelbarrow fairies get old?

It would seem there's an apple fairy now! One of our cats likes to bring apples down from the orchard and deposit them on the doorstep. Strange cat. I did wonder if I could train them to pick apples for me but throwing cats at a tree may be seen as a little mean :-P
Do wheelbarrow fairies get old?
Well this one certainly feels it! Seriously, I feel every year of 46. My hips hurt! At least I know why everything hurts. The celeriac is ready. Which means another shift in the way I move and stretch every day. I can tell the time of year by what aches!! Hips and wrists is winter, alot of cutting of things. Summer is hoeing and shoulders that hurt!
I have safely stowed away 12 pints of applesauce. Rings removed so as not to get stuck! And there is shiny grape jelly ready to find a place on the shelves.
Which means I'm re-sorting the shelves again!! And I bought boxes for the falling things! Not enough obviously, never enough. But they beat the old cardboard cat food boxes!
And there's the 50p asda moment..so there might be alot of soup. Well.. DS loves soup and takes it to school for lunch. Although he wants to take homemade leek soup in a flask tomorrow. He's a good lad:D I dragged him up well...he loves his veg!!


The jar lids...just sitting on the pc desk till I figure out where to store them...I mean they don't stack do they..so I need another box...never enough boxes!!


The soup mountain!! DS said I'm sure there weren't that many when I left..are they mating??! Well...50p..theyre normally 89p. I just need to find a small flask then DS can take homemade instead!! And yes..there is a smaller rice pudding mountain (and maybe a small custard mountain) OH loves puddings and its quick!!

Mommy ladies mormon neighbour told her.. to tell me how to properly store my jars. So...bands removed, seals checked, in original segmented box(nice and dark), on a shelf above the floor. Labelled on the one use only lids with the year:D Can't imagine either the grape juice or the apple lasting a year with me and DS around!! Oh my and would you look at the mess laying around!! You can tell I'm mid shelf re-arrange!! Off for a long, hot bath..soak the fairy!! Not a euphemism ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment