Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

Messy wheelbarrow fairy

Wheelbarrow fairies always make a mess. I'm sure of it. First thing this morning, after the fairy had found the worktops again, the kitchen looked...well like a kitchen (if a kitchen looks like hand me down cupboards and alot of jars with pennies in!) After about an hour the worktop had dissappeared under vegetables and apples AGAIN! (DS had eaten his stash of fridge stewed apples, 4 pints of them, so it was time to do more!) So today we have another 8 pints of apples..thats one monster saucepan full! DS put himself on peeling duty for which the fairy was most thankful:) So 4 being water bath canned as I type and another 4 in the fridge for DS to devour. At least I know he's having one of his five every day in apples! And the vegetables...green tomatoes, peppers, onions and horseradish from the garden. For Mexican green tomato relish, now re-named Wow Wow Relish as it has 2 tablespoons of chilli powder in it!!

Wow Wow relish...yep...another TP reference..you can guess who my favourite author is. It had to be..as I think this may be HOT..chilli powder, mustard powder and horseradish:-O
And then there's some apple in jars..oh the excitement!! I'm sure sundays should be a day of rest!! Not for wheelbarrow fairies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment