Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Wheelbarrow fairy goes to the shop

Ah would you look at that little pile. Thats this weeks shopping.(Cost £13.50 for Mr Aldi)
At the start of each month or the end of the last I put £25 in four little money baggies with week 1 etc on them. £100 for basic everday things that we eat. (I'm a very sensible fairy and like to be prepared in case of a lack of cash or electricity disappearing, or me buying more jars and having b***er all in the bank! !)
No, that isn't all the food we will eat this week (well the gherkins may be for DS, he is a strange lad!) as you know...there are alot of shelves and fields with alot of vegeatables in them! We just seem to eat alot of bread and dough related products!
(An aside- Ds didn't get told off today, he hid in the upstairs quiet part of the library to study and generally stayed out of harridans way! Parents evening next week, :) I have a list and I'm not afraid to use it...maybe I should put my fairy wings on for the evening? She already has a problem with DS obviously so maybe she'd be nicer to a fairy??!)
I'm running on today..all over the place. Lots of work done today and not enough tea. 240 individual celeriac cut and ready to box in the morning, been shopping (not my favourite chore but it wasn't for alot!) 50lbs of artichokes dug from the ground whilst being poked...by their overlong and evil tops. Canned another 8 pints of grape juice...so pretty and purple. Cooked shepherds pie from scratch, with enough leftovers for at least another meal for everyone..maybe two (mum is there meat in this pasty?!) (and I was given the mince as a thankyou :))
Just printed off some sample letters for my friend who wants to retire this xmas but is dyslexic. I am chief secretary and adopted daugher (or so he informs me!)
I guess I'm doing all these things I do to keep busy and not have too much time. I looked after dad for a while and it left a hole that I keep trying to fill with fairy things!
Rambling. Like a small child who's overtired.
I shall be back when rested. And not feeling so very old!
PS the maltesers are for OH! I prefer toffee crisps:D
(all donations etc ;-))
PPS the spelling is awful today as I'm not typing this on word first...for some reason it'll never let me take my words back...like life really:)

No comments:

Post a Comment