Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

Alhabetti wheelbarrowi fairi


The wheelbarrow fairy was most excited by the purchasing of alphabet pasta so in its honour she decided to make soup! So Alphabetti Minestroni it was to be....
Two old fridge carrots, a parsnip picked today, an gleaned onion, a leek and a potato! Chop, chop..then...

Buzzed in the little chopping device and sauted in some butter and oil for 10 mins, yummy free veg! Then we add the extras...

Ah the secret ingredient..Marmite!!! And a frozen baggie of tomato sauce, last years, nearly used it all now! And look...peeking at the edge there....its the .....

YAY!! Alphabet shapes!!!!! (too many exclamation marks is a sign of insanity!!!!!) Boil it all up for 20 mins (pasta in last 5 mins) then add some more found veg...

Perpetual spinach, keeps coming back however mean I am to it! Chop it fine and wang it in!

Oooh would you look at that it looks like soup now!

So thats one portion for my dinner, and it was yummy! And seven portions, one for me in the fridge for tomorrow, one for DS, and four in plastic tubbies for the freezer!

And if my costing is right it was about 60p to make the lot! Tin of beans from aldi 31p(multipack) 100g pasta 19p, tomato puree and tad of garlic puree 10p at a push. Everything else I grew:D
Now thats bargain lunches. 8 1/2p per portion!
I'm off to revel in alphabet happiness and love my new reduced tea towels (you may have noticed old ones are getting..er...holey!)

Ooh green! I love green things! Even spinach!

No comments:

Post a Comment