Pages

Thursday 21 November 2013

OK, own up, who said they don't believe in wheelbarrow fairies?

"Everytime a child says 'I don't believe in fairies,' there's a a little fairy somewhere that falls down dead."
Ok, so who maimed the wheelbarrow fairy?
She is officially out of action for 12 weeks...I shall say that again.....12 weeks!!!
Last wednesday she wasn't feeling very well, called 111, told to call local GP when they opened. Gp (3 hours later) sent her straight to surgical assesmant unit at the QE hospital.
Hmmm it seems to be your appendix but we're not sure. We're sending you straight to theatre.
I awoke..with a morphine pump, 22 staples, to be told i now had no appendix, and had also had a full hysterectomy :-O
I had major surgery, 3 hours of it, surgeon said if I'd have left it any longer i would have not been here:-S
So now I can sit, for a bit, I can walk about, for a bit and I can have a nice lie down, for a bit. I cannot lift, I cannot pick things up, I cannot work.
Basically, I have been de-fairied!!!
I have been at home 1 day. I have read 1 book and made my own dinner and cut up and cooked wedges as my contribution to tea.
I am a bored fairy. But i will not be silly and overdo it. And as a bonus the surgeon said I'd lost about a stone in weight!!
So as granny says..I aint ded!

No comments:

Post a Comment