Pages

Sunday 22 December 2013

Hats and pies and a fairy


Hats and pies, yep that was the last day or so.
Yesterday OH helped me make a pie from 'Treasured Amish & Mennonite Recipes'. (This is a great book!) I'd made it before but at the moment I need a little help!
Lemon Sponge Pie2 egg yolks
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 beaten egg whites
1 unbaked pie case (6oz p flour, 3 oz butter, 1 tbsp sugar, I'm sure you know how to make pastry!)
Beat all the ingredients, except the egg whites, together in order given. Then add the egg whites. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Preheat oven to 210 degrees(425) Put pie in and cook for 10 mins then reduce heat to 120 degrees (I have to put my oven to minimum!) and bake for 40 mins. Cool and enjoy lemony goodness!!
It's a bit of a dark picture...taken just before scoffing!!! And then there are the hats!!!.....
Blues and greys....and then....
Seriously bright! I actually think this one is cool...it would go with everything because it goes with nothing!
DS's girlfriends family liked her hat so much that her mum and granny want one! I have re-homed 3 mad bag lady hats!YAY, bring on the wool:D
And there's homemade celery soup...
head of celery, couple of leeks, a potato, sauteed in butter for 10 mins, 1/4 tsp celery seed, 2 tsp bouillon (and I'm loving the flavour of marigold swiss vegetable)just cover with milk and simmer for 25 mins. Add water to desired consistency and blend:D Zoop:D
Be good now...I can definitely hear jingling...

No comments:

Post a Comment