Pages

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Green fairy

 So many things, so busy...fairy running around like crazy! Patty pan squash are getting bigger.....and what dad used to call 'mellybellies' which are cherry plums or wild plums, are ready too...
 Which is kinda why I'm a green fairy. Everytime I pass the trees I'm eating them and filling my pockets...Oer!
DD came to see us at the weekend so I made some cheese and tomato sourdough rolls...
 They were yummy! But they don't last long and its too hot to put the oven on now! 25 degrees so far today!
 As you can see DS enjoyed her rolls!!
 We'd ran out of cookies agin! So DD 'helped' make some. What a poser! She looks beautiful even when baking :)
 then we picked a couple of apples to try out the new Aldi apple peeler! It works really well and DS ate the sour apple slices it produced. He must have a cast iron stomach!
 DD in my friends strange mask...nothing more I can say about that!
 On Sunday I was off after more cherry plums and the heavens opened...and I got very, very wet!
 But it was worth it!
 Lucy decided to 'help' me :)
 And now the greengages are ready too!! And yes, I've been eating them as well as the cherry plums! Definitely green! But they taste so good :)
 And another dress full of plums! No pockets in my hippy dress so its a good job the road was quiet cos I'm sure passers by would have seen my big pants! Plums are more inmportant than modesty!!
And of course I'm still hoeing like a daft woman and still keeping on top of it all! And picking courgettes, and potatoes. Busy busy fairy!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment