Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Fairy flumph

Would you look at my little stall? Full to bursting! I have 2 shiny new customers thanks to facebook...need all the help I can get. I'm understanding why dad stopped doing what he classed as 'tiffles' years ago. Cabbages, sprouts, lettuces, pumpkins, courgettes, beans, beetroot. None of them did dad grow. It was cos whn you do most of it alone its just too much. There are not enough hours in a day! Every moment I'm not picking things I'm hoeing things. then theres the cooking and housework, dog walking and washing. The garden is a mass of weeds :( the dehydrator is up and running as the last of the onions from last year are getting close to going icky. So now I have a very large jar of dried onion :) The grape vine has gone insane again (it must have hated dad keep cutting it back!) and we will have grapes up the yingyang! blackberries already on the bushes...everything is early!
The patty pans have gone insane too! and the bunched carrots are lovely. No ones buying them but they taste lovely! I'm sure everyones gone on holiday. At least my customers have! 
Keep having mini meltdowns...mainly after things have been done by me and no one else...yes, I know, I am the fairy....
(I drew a new wheelbarrow fairy, she's got a bit more attitude!)
Sometimes the fairy gets to the stage where she has had enough. I think its when I've been bitten by bugs, sweated out a gallon, and been nettled on the ankles!! And I can still see another 100 things that need to be done! Is this what it is to be woman? Or fairy?
Hohum...girls night out on friday (sorry Jim!) and hopefully I've persuaded more 'girls' to join us! 
BBS x sorry I've been absent  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment