Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Lovely fairy, Maurice says so

Today I got called a lovely lady. That made my day! And it was by lovely Maurice who is 83 years young and really likes my potatoes :) He came on saturday and bought some and wants more for tomorrow. And he told me a poem he'd been taught by his father when he was young, and bless him he wrote it down for me so I'll share it with you too.
Months of the year
January brings the snow,
makes our feet and fingers glow.

February brings the rain,
thaws the frozen lakes again.

March brings breezes, sharp and shrill,
shales the dancing daffodil.

April brings the primrose,sweet,
scatters daisies at our feet.

May brings flocks of pretty lambs,
scorching round their fleecy dambs.

June brings tulips, lillies, roses,
fills our childrens hands with posies.

Hot July brings cooling showers,
strawberries and gilly flowers.

August brings the sheaves of corn,
then the harvest home is born.

Warm September brings the fruit,
the sportsmen then begin to shoot.

Fresh October brings the pheasant,
then to gather nuts is pleasant.

Dull Novemeber brings the blast,
then the leaves are whirling fast.

Cold December brings the sleet,
round the fire and christmas treat.

Isn't that lovely, and he must have learnt it seventy odd years ago. I love my customers!!

It must be my potatoes....
Look at the size of those little devils!! Two bags off to the chipshop tomorrow :) And I snuck four in the house for tea....
Baked new potatoes? Who'd have thought that was a good idea...not me...but the lovely lady from the chip shop said they were good, so we gave it a go...
MMM cheese...homemade coleslaw and beans :) Joy of simplicity.

And then there was the cookie moment...
White choc chip...smarties and....
Triple choc chip :-0 white, dark and milk choc...I make a batch of each on saturday morning...there was one left today! The boys seem to love the white choc and if it cools off in the kitchen at some point I'll make them another batch! Gotta look after the boys :) Especially as DS is now officially a trainee:)


No comments:

Post a Comment