Pages

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Take one little courgette..

And you'll probably end up with thousands! I have grown far too many again...nothing new there! But I have a new use for them...
Courgette balls!
1 cup of courgettes...shredded and moisture squeezed out (I used more than a cup)
1/4 cup poptato, shredded and squeezed.
small onion...shredded
1/4 cup cheese (I used cheddar and parmesan)
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp flour
Flour wash (flour and water paste!)
Breadcrumbs
Oil for deep frying

Mix it all together. take rounded teaspoons and roll in flour wash then breadcrumbs.


 Deep fry @ 190 degrees till they are golden brown. We had ours with sweet chilli sauce and mango chutney, and DS is gonna try them with chipshop curry sauce!
Not the healthiest way of eating one of your five a day! But very tasty!
MMMM green!!
BBS x

2 comments:

  1. They look good if naughty, I always grow to many courgette plants, think its a law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly naughty! When the kitchen cools down theres a zucchini bread recipe I want to try :) Much healthier! I just ove the shinyness of them...and not theres patty pan squash too! OOps Mo x

    ReplyDelete