Pages

Thursday 10 July 2014

Where did the cookies go?

I made cookies didn't I? I'm sure i did! Well the tin was empty again and as it was a rainy day i thought I'd do a serious batch! But before I'd even managed to get them into the tin 3 had dissappeared!
Ok..cookie recipe.
These are soft cakey cookies, not crunchy biscuits.

4oz marg creamed with 4 oz sugar
Add an egg, a few drops of vannilla essence, mix then fold in 6oz plain flour with a tsp of bicarb mixed in. 

You're supposed to add choccy chips at this point,

(I use chopped up 30p chocolate to make chunks instead, about 1/3 bar to a batch) but I have learnt that they burn on the bottom so its much better to drop them on the top of the cookies before baking at 160 degrees for 12-15 minutes. In my oven they take 13 minutes exactly. They don't get really brown but i think thats my oven. 
I made 50 cookies!!! Then I decided to cost them! 
With Aldi ingredients it cost £1.71 for 50! Not including gas. 
3 1/2p a cookie :) DS says they taste like big supermarket ones which cost £1 for 5!!! So a treat at a bargain cost if you ask me and everyone loves them. Jones the steam has had 4 already! OH has had 6 so far..They don't last long do they!


The little box is nearly empty!!
It doesn't look like this now! I like to make my menfolk happy...whats that quote..."Its like they're eating a part of me"..creepy but true :)
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment