Pages

Tuesday 13 May 2014

OOoopsie fairy

I have been hiding...i could tell you I was still on budget but I may have had a little bulk buy moment. And I cannot fib. I may have purchased mumble4mumble cases of sugar. Ooopsie!
So, for sanity purposes we will ignore the rather large purchase of sweet sweet sugar. Which will last us months:) And continue as if I'm a good girl instead!
I think we were at £39.01, and I've spent £15.86 in aldi on more veg, bread, marg, flour and chocolate!
We ran out of bread so it was quickie scone pizza's for lunch at the weekend!
And we bought cat food at the same time as the mahoosive sugar trip!
As you can see, Pepe was a bit overwhelmed by the big bin of crunchies!
And then there was the mending..
Someone ripped his overalls...and pulled the arm half off...
Sewing machine to the rescue!! And no, I didn't change the colour of the thread!
Normally when someone makes a hole in something they get whats called a punishment patch, made from the most floral fabric I can find. I had to promise not to do this to OH!
Its not beautiful, but it means his overalls will last a few more years..I think they are over 10 already! They have had the seams repaired a few times. But they stop him getting TOO dirty!
Used up some of the veg with somecoleslaw with baked pots...
And hid some of the interesting sandwich spread in there too :)
Found a trifle packet that was nearly at its date so made that up. These are the little pots I used to make dad his puddings in. Using them made me cry. But the trifle was just fine.

And last night DS and I made chocolate fudge.
400g choccy
tin condensed milk
25g marg
100g icing sugar
Melt the first 3 then beat in the sugar. It made loads as its really sweet you only need a little. Jones the steam loved it (guess what he's getting for xmas!)
1.20 for the choccy. 95p for the condensed milk.
Don't care as it made DS happy!
Been doing lots of tidying for the visit...friday!
Tomorrow is..try to start the tractors day.
Today was move the shepherds hut and laugh when the wheel falls off day!
BBS x

1 comment:

  1. That fudge looks good, I will give it a go x

    ReplyDelete