Pages

Thursday 8 May 2014

Greasy fairy

MMM greasy. OK so my fat settled overnight, I scraped the gunk off the bottom and time to boil it up, to remover the water.
OOh would you look at how clear that came! And look at it now its set..
MMMM grease! That'll do well for the pastry I need next week, and it'll keep as its got no water in it! Yay.
Another experiment today.
Salad dressing. I wanted something along the lines of a mock mayonaise as the children have been consuming alot of it lately.
So, a mix of a WW2 recipe and a mommy recipe...1 egg, flour, mustard, milk, marg, vinegar, ...
In a double boiler aka bowl over saucepan, and it turned into what seemed to be vinegary custard! Interesting but definitely not mayo:) Had a taste...more sugar...another taste, tadge of salt, taste, grainy mustard, taste...ang on, this tastes like...hmmm...sandwich spread.
So, bottom of fridge raid. Red pepper, cucumber, onion, gherkin, celery, zizzed..
Zizz zizz zizz...
Well would you look at that! sandwich spread. It could do with a bit more greenery, and I was a bit generous with the onion but..
Its quite nice on a bit o bread! I'm trying to figure what I can add it to:) I was thinking maybe pasta and cream cheese? Coleslaw for an extra tang or potato salad? Any suggestions greatly recieved!
And would you look at this..
He is all of 6 weeks old I believe! And he wouldn't sit still to have his picture took! No, he's not mine! And he doesn't have a name yet. Although I like Hovis as he's well bred :-P He'll be visiting with Jones the steam every week. Adorable!!
BBS x
And as it was Jones the steams birthday today we had sausage and chips as his birthday treat! Home cooked of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment