Pages

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Peace and closed doors in fairyland

Peace. All day I listened for tractors then OH pointed out his tractor brakes were jammed and he shouldn't have driven it anywhere yesterday so we asumed Fred was getting a service...one he had to pay for!
So..I hid in the potato shed for the first part of the day. Least I got alot of work done. :) And I closed the door from the inside...just in case. I know I can't hide forever, I'm trying to figure what I need to say to him in my mind.
Anyway...
Yo yo...its my hoe!! :D I have had this since I was a teenager and its still on the first blade (OI..don't say i haven't done enough work!!), I have a spare blade for it... I like things oldschool.
And this was me, ready to go hoeing..
Hahhhaa! Notice the smashing headgear? I always wear a headscarf when its hot...but they get all dirty and sweaty..ick! Then they have to be washed. And I have 2. So I thought maybe I could upcycle an old shirt that had pretty fabric..
Aha! New headscarf! But wait, there were still bits of shirt left after I'd removed the buttons (GGG's fault!)
So, headscarf, cleaning cloths and triangles...
Add some green triangles...and some ribbon..
OOh very 'good life' :D I have many saved shirts that are quite worn...I may be doing some more sewing!
 When walking the dog I noticed the elder were in flower...so...I bought lemons...
MMM I love the smell of elderflowers..
Pretty! And good for cataargh..no thats not how you spell it! Oh well, snot!
Heavy syrup...it must be havey syrup it had 3 1/2lb of my sugar stash in there!
And steep. This is happily sitting overnight on the counter, smelling lovely, and tomorrow it will be canned...and maybe drunk!
Tea was pie...and mash...I furtled in the potato rows but the new ones aren't ready yet!
Uncooked...
Pie!!! I used my clarified beef fat in the pastry and it was beefy, yum! even Jones the steam loved it, and no one noticed the lentils, tvp or oats...let alone the mountain of veg :D
I shall go lie in the bath in a bit and soak the achy bits...and hopefully the large piece of pie won't weigh me down too much! It was alot of pie:)
I like pie!!!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment