Pages

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Shoptastic fairy

Doesn't shopping day come round quickly?
There we go, aldi joy!
£19.58 to be precise, taking my total spend to £39.01. But, I have enough meat to last the month if we manage to stick to the menu plan!
DS does love his veg!! But we may have to find an alternative mayo. Him and his girlfriend go through it like mad... and today SHE asked DS if I'd make her a sandwich at dinnertime! I know my sandwich making skills are epic but i thought it a tadge cheeky!!
So, thats the meat for the rest of the month, and as there wasn't loads to do today i thought I'd have a bit of a batch cook..
TVP 'mince'! Only a cup added to the savoury mince mix! Not the prettiest but protein tastic.It's on the shelves, I buy it in bulk...aint gonna work out how much it costs!
Zizzed some celery (which both DS and OH say they don't like!) carrot and onion for a base for both lots of mince. Did some dry frying and ended up with some interesting fat (more about that in a bit)

18 portions of savoury mince!! That was a big swede :-P and there might be some oats in there, and maybe a spoonful of lentils, and alot of carrots, and the tvp, peas and celery! Then there was the mince that became bolognaise..
15 portions:D made with last years homemade pasta sauce :) and some carrots, onions and celery! They will eat celery if it kills me. (DS asked for it in his lunchbox, but discovered he didn't like it raw, so its nearly dissapeared somewhere/everywhere)
Last nights chicken leftovers have been decanted...
And this ickle bit was for tea, in a fried rice stylee..
with some eggies made into omelette strips..
The eggies came from DS's G?F so it makes up for the sandwich request!! I did offer cash but was refused :) Ate the fried rice before I could take a picture!!
Anyhoo...mince fat...would you look at all this...
MMMM fat. I've clarified it before...instructions from WW2 booky

I use this one alot! Good instructions too..


And look how much fat is cooling off..

I reckon there will easily be enough for pasrty for pasties out of that! Tomorrow I'll peel it off the water layer and heat it to rid it of water :) Perfect and less wasted! I do like a day when I feel I've achieved something. And there are now lots of easy cook meals in the freezer!
BBS x I think I need a rest!

1 comment:

  1. And more importantly, not going down the sink to clog up the drains - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete