Pages

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Flouncy Patchwork Fairy

The mad skirt is getting there..slowly. Every time I look at it, it makes me grin :-D And it flounces...of its own free will when no ones looking...it has a definitely flounce about it!...
lace ooooh...
Now watch carefully and you'll see it flounce...
See it?
No? And who's that in the centre at the front?
Kitty!! I ripped a pillowcase a while back and kept it 'in case it comes in handy' :)

This is definitely my anti-trendy skirt...should annoy DD this weekend!! Am I a bad mommy? She is uber fashionconscious. 
her quote of the month was, when shopping with DS and I, 
"The different between these clothes and what I wear is I'm fashionable". DS and I had to bite our tongues!!  (The other favourite quote is " thats a nice dress for wearing in the house mum"!!!) Ah children. 
And heres one of my little pets being helpful..
Mr Fish in the sewing box! He got yoinked out quickly, but this is the look I got when I told him he couldn't sleep in there! Why not?
Celeriac....in the rain, another bed planted..
Five done, yay! See each of those celeriac...remember the hoe..I will have to gently hoe around each individual plant, all 6500 of them, to get rid of the weeds. Thank heavens for mp3 player! (and a little dance now and then when no ones looking!)
Nine boxes left, DC your chance for helping plant is nearly gone :)
Nearly done and then...different plants to plant.  I do enjoy the circle of the year, always turning, always bringing different aches.
Now off to have a rummage and see what I can use to fasten the flouncy fairy skirt. I was contemplating a huge flouncy bow tie, but would that possibly be too much flounce? And maybe a flouncy pocket for my hankie?
Flouncily BBS x 

3 comments:

  1. My back is aching just looking at all that planting out.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey you have been busy all of that sowing and sewing aswell the skirt is fab and so colourful, don't know how you find the time and on a summer day (when we get them) it will look fantastic and so individual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briony, I can definitely feel it more as I get older!! Twas a breeze in my 20's!
    rosie, I may look like a mad hippy!! But it makes me smile :D xx

    ReplyDelete