Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

No hoe so scare crow

Today started out most moist...with the kind of drizzle that sticks to you. So definitely no use for hoeing, rain just replants the weeds somewhere else! 
So I did something I've been meaning to do for a while. I remade the scarecrow that sits and guards the little stall. It was supposed to be dad having a cuppa. It was first made seven odd years ago and had got a little saggy to say the least! So I rummaged in the old clothes from dads wardrobe. And made myself a new dad!

Thats better :) And it wasn't too wet under the weeping willow tree.
And we'd nearly run out of bread...again...so I made scones for lunch...using the Bisquick biscuit recipe with some additions.
I added eggs and removed some of the milk...and cheese of course..
MMM and some past their best tomatoes..
Yum!
happy sconelet! And very nice too...and very quick to make with the Bisquick.

Forgot to show you my lovely jar mommy sent...
Groovy Ball canning jar :)
And look what DS's girlfriends mommy gave me..
A kilner handled glass jar! I do love my kilner things. 
Todays super tightwad-ness....
Every time the kettle boiled I put any excess water into a flask..
So, that was quite alot of little bits of hot water saved over the day...which I used to do this much washing up...
Cheapskate-tastic!! We don't have an elecrtic kettle, we use one on the gas cooker as its supposed to be more efficient! And thats my wednesday!!
BBS x

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a Kilner jar with a handle. Different.
    Your scarecrow wouldn't frighten any crows, he looks too cuddly for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he's more to scare the devils who don't pay at the little stall!! Mo x

      Delete