Pages

Thursday 12 June 2014

Wheelbarrow fairies helper

Today I have had a helper, well for some of the day! DS has decided, now that college has finished, that he is mommys little helper :)I am a lucky mommy :)
So far he has chopped 4 barrow loads of wood, mowed some grass that was annoyiong me, cut back a tree for me and today he helped me plant squash. I am just gonna say squash because someone forgot to label them, and as there are 6 large trays, who knows what we're planting!
Before DS awoke OH and I laid the black paper that we use to suppress weeds. OH gave up with the soil digging 1/3 of the way down his side as he was too hot! So I did most of it on my lonesome!
See that? I dug soil with a spade nearly all the way around it so the wind wouldn't catch the edges. I needed a little sit after that! First tray time...
Ds setting out the plants ready to plant...he nearly lost his shorts!!
Wonder what they are...never mind...second tray...
Wonderful, thats about 160 of them plamted today (2 trays) and there's another 4 trays to go!! DS was complaining his legs hurt within 5 mins and I was faster than him :D smug mode :D
Then we went to pick potatoes...and he complained about me growing prickly things that bit him! He is fun to work with :) And so new pots for tea...cleaned my favourite way...with a pressure washer!
MMM potatoes. Got another lovely parcel from my mommy...and look what my lovely Aunie sent me...
Yankee candles...I adore them, have a bit of a collection from the discount hallmark card shop! I counted them one day and I have 40!! Mostly large ones :D And yes...its cos I smell!!
My new disco kitchen, though OH says it now looks like a spaceship :) Mommys idea...solar curtains aka emergency blankets! Reflects heat out..and as our kitchen is a conservatory we need all the help we can get. It worked nearly instantly, so we have 2 more in the bedroom where the sun hits in the afternoon. Thanks mommy, great idea x
And this is just to cause mommy aldi jealousy....I spent.....
£30.89...and I got....
Yes, choccy and crisps too...
And veg and gammon, chicken, ham, milk, pop, cereal, bread, rolls, biccies...in fact a weeks food!! Mommy wants an Aldi now!! More planting tomorrow, gotta get the poor things in, then night out tomorrow night, hopefully I won't fall asleep, and I can catch up on some gossip with looloo, tash and jimjimmyjimjimjim :)
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment