Pages

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Spare fairy legs wanted..apply within

May I just say.....OW!!! My legs ache as if I've cycled to edinburgh and back!! (Ok so I'm approximating!!...I think the most I've cycled in one week was 72 miles!)
Four beds (12 rows) of celeriac planted :)
Two more beds to go. I ache. Tops of my leggies, my arms, my wrist as I started hoeing already! OH was just as bad but its his back not his legs. When did we get old and not notice?? We must be funny to listen to...everytime we straighten up in the field we make pain noises! Oooh..ow...phew...17 boxes to go...ow!
 Four layers of skirt, five layers of skirt, I've started on the waistband and found some lovely lace mother in law gave me :) I may get the energy to finish it before the weekend!!
Look what I got...
Hmmm...inside out bread bag? But whats that inside?
New potatoes!!! From the ones that got left last year :) I had a furtle (which is a furtive rootle!)Guess what was for tea?!

New potatoes!!!! And yes, they were smothered in butter! And yes, I would have happily just had potatoes :) There aren't enough to sell yet, but there was enough for tea. 
Now would you look at this...
See the white lumps? That is our water straight from the tap! Last time I complained to the water company they said oh thats ok, its just from the side of the pipes as they'd been fixing them. MMM pipe crud!! Now thats what I call HARD water!
I am offski for a very hot bath in the vain hope it relieves these poor fairy legs!
Ow ow BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment