Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Redcurrants, raspberries and rhubarb

I have been missing again I know!! Tis due to far too much hoe hoe hoeing! And potato picking of course :) And OH hogging the PC in the evening when I have some time left. So I'll show you some of the things I've been up to shall I?
Chocolate crumb bars were yummy!
 The new potatoes are getting quite large!! I thought I'd try new potato chips and even though I soaked them for quite a while they were still, as always dissapointingly soggy! I don't like new potato chips!
Lemon bars , these are amazing and zingy! (I had a couple of sorry looking lemons left!) and OH won't stop eating them, good job I cut them into little pieces!
The old greengage tree had a bit of a moment...because...
I hadn't noticed just how laden with fruit it was!! All the branches are like this...for the last few years we've been lucky to see a couple of handfuls! Yum...I will be eating far too many and regretting it!

I spy itty bitty courgettes!! Itty bitty green ones and....
Teensy weensy yellow ones :D I love courgettes and get overexcited when they are nearly ready! Ask me how much I like them at the end of august though!
 Gah weeds...to be honest the land was pretty weedy when I planted the brassicas...so hoe hoe...


And I do believe I can now see rows! Ok, just about! But its better:)
The raspberries keep on giving, picked 2 litres today!
All safely in the freezer where the snails can't get them! Still not sure what to do with them, I think I might can some as pie filling, possibly can a 'fruit salad' mix later in the year, depending on what fruit we end up with. 
And then theres the redcurrants...
Seriously, if anyone wants redcurrants and isn't too far away let me know and you can come pick them for free. Its only one big bush, it cost 99p a few years ago, but I'm not keen on them, no one likes redcurrant jelly, no one wants them in the little stall and I hate to see them wasted. :)
BBS x

1 comment:

  1. raspberries and redcurrants make a lovely jam, wish I had found you earlier I would have love to take some off you. loving your post.

    ReplyDelete