Pages

Monday 2 June 2014

Fairy aches






Celeriac. We got our plants...6500 of them!
 Gah!! Brilliant!!!
It even says so on the label!! 50 boxes ....ow!!!
One bed...aka three rows planted friday! Did another 2 beds today :) 

Ow!! Had to make a little bath posy for my aches..
Pretty...and helps my old areas :-P can't beat a good bit of rosmary.

Its a long way down to the floor!! Squish, cover, then stomp in! Ow!
And in the time in between I have been sewing :D
Look at all those pretty squares!! I saw something I really liked and thought I'd give it a go...129 squares later...I killed my old Jones sewing machine. So...out came the car boot find from last year. I bought it because it was beautiful...
Still in its original box...still with its instructions...
Would you look at that...beautiful machine!
And it worked!! Even the light worked (until OH decided, like a small child, that flicking it on and off was funny grrr).

Anyway...my little rolls of fabric...
Are slowly making their way to becoming a skirt!!!
Some of the fabric is new...mmmm new fabric, theres some pillow case, 1970's tablecloth, old work shirts...its nearly done...and it is pure fairy!!
Raspberries!! I found these two on the plants that got lost and came up in the old greenhouse! And yes...nom nom and gone! Yummy!

Fred is still turning up EVERY DAY! But after his telling off from OH he is no longer driving around! My mood is better, mainly because I love planting, hands in the soil and all that! Even though the back of my legs feel like they belong to someone else...possibly someone alot older than me! 
And when the celeriac is all planted I seem to have a few hundred squash plants to plant!
Theres two more trays still in the greenhouse :) I love work:)
BBS x sorry I keep going awol...there seems to suddenly not be enough hours in a day to sit here for too long!


3 comments:

  1. errrr.....do you realise that is the holy grail of singers a featherweight ....they pay silly money for them

    ReplyDelete
  2. God grief, my back let alone my hips and knees wouldn't be able to cope with all that lot. Well done you and well done hubby for having a word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, mom said they do in the US but ebay prices weren't great and it works!! Its worth more to me as a useful object!! And its beautiful :)
    DC, wanna come planting?? Theres 17 boxes left. I could save you one for the weekend if you like?! Mo x

    ReplyDelete