Pages

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Exploding rhubarb

It exploded!!! I was happily canning and a jar went POP!
Anyway...rhubarb...thought I'd experiment with canning it.
Out came the Ball book of preserving (Thanks mommy!)
First chop up rhubarb...
Add many cups of sugar...and sit for 3-4 hours..
Sugary!!!
Syrupy!!!
Even more syrupy!!
Everything ready to can...I do like everything ready. Better than not having everything to hand!

Ah joy of rhubarb. The other three jars were fine, so I must have either knocked that one or there was a flaw in the glass. Who knows. Quite a surprise to have icky sticky rhubarb floating in my canner though! And it was very icky sticky! Live and learn don't we?!
Today has mainly been spent hoeing..again. The lovely sun/wind combination kilss weeds a treat. Finally hoed each one individually and guess what? Time to start all over again:) (I'm smiling on the inside, honest)Every time it rains a new batch of weeds pops up. But hoeing means I don't have to use spray :D I don't like spray!! 
BBS x


No comments:

Post a Comment