Pages

Thursday 26 June 2014

A wheelbarrow fairies big behind

I am behind...in everything, hence big behind!!
Today the land was finally good enough to get some beetroot and low beans in!
Out came the bag of seeds..chard..
Beetroot..
And low beans as dad used to call them :)

Now I need grandads hand drill, which I believe he codged together from parts of old seed drills..
What a wonderful device!! But i had to change the hole size...lay her down..
Now to remember what to do..
Twist the snail...unplug the knob..lick your finger and wipe over the rusty numbers and find the biggest hole, number 26 for beans, 16 for beet, twist the ring, replace the knob and tighten the snail! Sorted I remembered! so now I have 5 rows of beans, 2 of chard and 2 of beetroot. Most of which is for us...and late!!

Another litre of raspberries saved from the snails tonight, pulled out some weeds and reclaimed some garden, and picked alot of little potatoes :)
And I was given...
A dozen free range egs :) Lovely:) I do like freebies! Haircut tomorrow...I won't look any different..apart from maybe less fringe! And then the joy of more hoeing!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment