Pages

Sunday 23 March 2014

Growing, growing...gone

Well, here's Herman, the sourdough starter, after his sponge stage and his ten minutes kneading before bedtime:) Doesn't he look a harmless little thing...

And here he is after a night in the kitchen rising slowly!! Ready to take over the world! So he gets knocked back, and shaped into rolls :)
Half left plain with a dusting of flour. Half with slices of tomato and a grating of cheese....
Now at this point I'd normally say and here's the tray as it came out of the oven..but darling daughter was here..so this is whats left of the cheese and tomato ones...
and yes, I ate it for lunch today because I was worried it might be lonely. Plain ones? I think there was 4 left..was!
Ah yum.
Whats left now are mine for tea with another batch of nettle soup, a double batch in fact, just in case DS comes home hungry!

This is DD..no..she's not murdering DS, she decided he needed his eyebrows plucking! See the look of pain? Goes to show women have higher pain thresholds than men! After this she continued to treat him like a girls world and put his hair up in numerous fashions! I just sat, in the grandma chair, laughing! DD is 25 this week. She said she only feels 21 inside. After some deliberation I decided that I felt 17. A good day!
If I go missing for a few days its because i have broken my camera! And its on my phone...which is, you guessed it...broken! OOps.
BBS x but maybe without pictures!

2 comments:

  1. May I ask what sourdough starter recipe you are using, as my last two, just haven't worked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, this started out as Herman friendship bread! I'll go put a post on with the recipe for you as theres not much space here! x

    ReplyDelete