Pages

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Finding fairy food as cheap as chippings

I actually don't know where to start! There seem to be so many pictures I've taken and so much I wanna tell you I suppose I'll just start with a wheelbarrow as usual! Yep, this is the favourite and its full of the chippings that the men left when they came and marmalized the conifers! i wandered up and down the field with a few loads to put round my new blackcurrant bushes..ok so more blackcurrant twigs at the moment!

My garden :) well, a bit of it anyway...the bit where I like to sit in the sun! And this is the piles of chippings the men left..

And my wheelbarrow of course!
Now...food for farthings..well, I'm too young to remember farthings, so I'd better go with cheap! Cheap as chips?
What is that device I hear you cry...that is the marvelouus crinkle cutter..

Crinkly slices become...

Crinkly chips ready to cook...

Crinky chips, golden and hot ready to eat!
Then there was the scone pizza moment...
Homemade pizza sauce from the freezer with little pieces of peppers...from the freezer...
Mozzarella..from the freezer...
And suspicious bottom of the fridge tomatoes. Well thats the topping taken care of so now the base...
8oz SR Flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 3/4 oz marg rubbed in..

mix in 1 3/4 oz cheese. In a jug break 1 egg, make up to 1/4 pint with milk.

Mix together to form a dough. Roll out in about a 9 inch circle, place on tray, add toppings, oven 210 degrees for about 20-25 mins eh voila!
Ginormouse Scone pizza for not alot of cash! easily feeds 4 with sides aka crinkly chips!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment