Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

Overworked greenhouse growing


Can you guess what has come up in this tray? The poor little overworked greenhouse has been catching lots of sunshine :) Lettuces! red one end, green the other! I know, I can never sell very many and these trays hold over 250, but I like to eat a fresh lettuce! Though as yet I've never tried cooking one!
Next there's the pots of salad greens, I love these as they are cut and come again as I seed them quite thickly!

Also strewn some radish seed in the old greenhouse and covered it with some fleece so hopefully I have something to go with my salad leaves! I do like a good radish:)
Peppers and tomatoes too, though Mr snail has been a bit busy overnight...hence the pretty blue pellets!
Also put some rainbow chard in some ickle pots, and a tray of flowers! Yes, I know I can't eat flowers! And funnily enough I'm not much of a gardener! But I do like some colour amongst my veg and herbs!

Chives anyone?? I let them self seed and every year I have to try to find new homes for them!! And yes, that is my old boots in the garden!!
Gah! Chives coming up like weeds! And Mom!! This is what the old greenhouse looks like now!
And its mainly glass...well...ish!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment