Pages

Tuesday 18 March 2014

The fairies had the oven on

I found an interesting recipe in my interesting WW2 recipe book.
Raspberry buns...except i only had strawberry jam, so these are strawberry buns!
1/2 lb sr flour
pinch salt
3oz margarine
2oz sugar
tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp jam
Milk
Mix everything apart from a tbsp of the sugar and the jam to make a dough. use enough milk to make a stiff dough.
Break into 12 equal pieces, form into buns and make a hole in the middle. In goes a little jam, then pull over the dough to cover it. Place on a greased baking sheet (I used parchment so no greasing) I brushed them with milk then sprinkled on the remaining ugar. Bake in a hot oven (about 210 degrees) for about 10 mins
Interesting doughballs to...
Strawberry buns...OI!! Who ate the rest of them???

Jammy!!! DS loved them!! And my best friend said could they have currants in instead...oh yes...the recipe can be varied to make Rock buns!! I think the last time I made those I was at school:)
Rocking!! And while I was at it I made MORE strawberry buns!
And...Chocolate fudge brownies!!!
I don't think I've ever made anything quite so chocolatey! And thick..and sticky and YUM!
These have gotta be seriously bad for you, I can only manage 1 piece a day!!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment