Pages

Saturday 1 March 2014

Moist Mornin Fairy Fun

Hang on...thats not a moist morning!
Oh I remember, these are my green solar lights on the greenhouse at night!
My alien invasion garden :)
One set stopped working recently and I've been humming and haa'ing about getting a new set...£9.99 of joy and yes, I finally did after a week of them waiting in my amazon basket!
I decided that the joy they give me is worth 2 hours ish work:) And the last sets have been working, all through the year, even on cloudy days, (though not for as many hours) for more than 2 years now.
Anyway...moist morning..well..i thought I may as well put the oven on, warm up the kitchen and my toes and make some treats for the DS.
May i just say again...LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU ARE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION..My biscuits may offend!!!!
I invested, no, at £1 for this...
I don't think I can call this icing set an investment at that price..and then £1.50 for this one....

If I decided to keep making things that have to be piped i will definitely invest in something more sturdy! And as I'd like to give churro's a go i may need something alot more sturdy than these little beauties, which did the job, although a little overspill and splittage occured!
Anyway wanna see my properly piped, not using a ziplock baggy biscuits?
Even though I say so myself....Hahahahhhahhhh!
And they are just a classic simple recipe,
Viennese Biscuits :
100g butter or margarine
100g plain flour
25g icing sugar
vanilla essence
Cream butter and sugar, stir in vanilla essence(few drops) then gradually work in flour. Pipe into shapes on tray and bake Oven 180 degrees, gas 4 for 15-20 mins. :)
Personally I like things dunked in dark chocolate!
Oooh runny! And I even made some non spaceship biscuit shapes..

DS enquired if the shape was supposed to be dog p**p! They were just a bit random with the last squeezes of mix!
And while the oven was hot..Herman apple and cinnamon cake..which I forgot to take a picture of!
Well it tasted good anyway!
Off to look at pictures of 1940's hats :) I have made some but there's one I can't figure out how to make..yet..maybe I'll show you the other...non woolly hats sometime..and fabric...i love fabric!
I want a new dress for the 1940's weekends! Maybe I'll have a look in my fabric stash :)
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment