Pages

Saturday 29 March 2014

Fairy experiments

Experiments and old favourites...

When I was finding some pots to put my mixed salad seeds in I stumbled over this....
No, its not an instrument of torture!! Its a briquette maker. I bought it when I was about 20, yes, I know, its vintage now! Well, you were supposed to mush up newspaper, squish it down and hey presto, paper briquettes that needed drying out but burnt well.
Well, we keep getting given newspapers (people must think we spill alot of things!) and i thought about the big piles of chippings that the tree fellers left behind.

 
So, in an old bin, mix the torn up newspapers, and plenty of chippins....
Nice and neat!! We shall see how they dry out! Well, it is an experiment after all!! They are now in the greenhouse, under the washing line. That poor little greenhouse works hard! Its also got lettuce plants, peppers plants, tomato plants, and some mixed salad pots in there!
Ah, now for the old favourites...
Guess the foodstuff!!! Hmmm...cheap sausages, boiled eggs, breadcrumbs..its gotta be...
Scoth eggs..ready to fry....
Fried!!! These little beauties are so cheap to make yourself, even though they are faffy! 99p nasty sausages, 6 boiled eggs, plus one to coat @9p each, so thats another 63p! The breadcrumbs were probably another 20p worth:) and a tadge of flour and the deep fat friers fat! Add something we already grow..
potatoes ala wedgies..wedges? and some 'fenslaw'..
Aka things we grow shredded! And voila...tea for one meal for 3 of us, and lunch the next day ditto!! I know, the scotch eggs aint healthy..but they are VERY yummy!
Then there was the lasagne...yum again!
Last time I made meaty bolognaise sauce I made triple! Value lasagne sheets, white sauce and a sprinkling of parmesan (well the cheap version)
Cheap, cheerful and meaty!! Well, meatish ;-)
And I need stodge...honest I do...as I think I've got my fairy back.
For weeks I've been complaining about lack of firewood...so i took my wheelbarrow...and my axe...
Tadah!!! Firewood, chip chopped by the fairy:D And its a great form of stress relief too!
 
Oops. I seem to have bought a giant kilner jar with a spout! Its just so beautiful!! No, I didn't need it. It was a pure want! But I'm sure in the summer it will find a use with the koolaid mommy sent me!!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment