Pages

Monday 14 April 2014

Monday already

Is it just me or does monday come around quick some weeks? I think its because the weekend was spent running around allover!
Well..
Money earnt - £15.50, money spent - zero.
Today was one of those days when sitting is great but getting up again hurts.
We finally palleted up the PSB and sprout stalks and removed them from the field. Mammoth, task and glad its done! As it was windy the grit from the roots was blowing everwhere and I left a grit trail in the bath tonight!! Ick! All the fleece has been removed too (we use it to keep the birds off and to help things grow quicker) and OH has started to rotavate the entire field. Hopefully sometime tomorrow it will get ploughed and we start again! i had to remove the last of the rainbow chard. I can't sell it and its a vegetable even I'm not that keen on!
But I'm gonna shred it and freeze it anyway. I'm sure it'll find a place in stir fried veg!
 Went through my seeds today...
Yes, and thats just some of my seed stash! So put another tray of seeds in the greenhouse, some parsley in a pot and some more perpetual spinach as last years is going to seed. And another pot of mixed salad :) Lovely!!
The cherry is blossoming :D pity there's supposed to be a frost tonight :(
Its just so pretty! As are the flowers on the rosemary.
Keeps the bees happy :) As does the borage that is already flowering.
 Cleared the soil and weeds that have gathered by the old greenhouse door today too, with the help of DS.
Yay, I can finally get in without breathing in! Even though theres alot of glass missing now it still gets mighty hot on days like today!
Ah, my £15.50!! I do take pictures of the funniest things!
I moved all the veg from big freezer to little freezer and all the 'meal' things into the big one. How come both are now full to bursting? Even though I removed tonights tea, pitta breads, and purple freezer slaw for the next few days lunch? (I fancied hummus and as there are many cans of chickpeas on the shelves, and all the other ingredients too...what the heck!)
I started some mustartd and cress too. Its a bank holiday which means egg and cress sandwiches:D And why not!!
Cressy!
And the little greenhouse has been busy too, 2 loads of washing dry in one day!
I just need to find the energy to fold it all up! And no, I don't do ironing...brings me out in a rash...:d When DD was younger I told her that, and as I sometimes get dermatitus(?) I showed her the rash and she believed it was ironing her school shirts that had caused it!! Teehee:) naughty mommy!
And thats my monday nearly done...apart from folding, and washing up maybe!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment