Pages

Monday 28 April 2014

Shopping and cake

First things first, there must be cake in my life!
So I used half a pack of aldi carrots to make carrot cake! Well I made 3, 2 to put in the freezer! 

Carrots..

 Squadge..
Cakes!!!
25p sultanas
32p carrots
45p marg
36p eggs
39p sugar
15p flour
20p golden syrup
£2.12 for 3 cakes
70p a cake.
Although I will have to hide the other 2 from OH!
He just saw them and went 'OOOh cake'!
I used to make this cake alot when dad was here as he'd have one and we'd chomp through two! And it came from a 1990 cookbook...
This was the last time I was excrutiatingly skint! And we grow carrots...and its twin book?
Yep, tinned tomatoes are cheap too! And I believe they were knocked down in sainsbobs, which was at the time our only supermarket!
So we have :
Carrots 59p
lettuce 45p
cucumber 39p
tomatoes 39p
more tomatoes 59p
cabbage 45p
another 15 eggs £1.35
rolls 79p
milk 95p
oats 75p
mozarella 44p
cheese 1.49
Total £8.63 plus 70p for the first cake,
£9.33
And you know what happens when you make plans? Murphy comes along and messes them up.
Last night a friend turned up for strimmer parts and gave me a little gammon which he had frozen and thawed and figured it was smoked which he hates.
So now I have to add £2.99 for a hamlet I didn't have to buy:D
So, £12.32. So tonight we had ham, coleslaw,


 potato salad, and salad. Yum!!
But I need to add 40p for mayo...£12.72
 
And this is the book I bought with some of my birthday money!! MMM free potatoes, cooked in many new and interesting ways!!
So this weeks new and interesting LBTL menu is...
Breakfasts - porridge
Lunches - soup and HM sourdough bread or rolls and cheese
Teas - ham and salad - yum and gone
Omelette made with ham and potatoes
Potato and ham gratin
Scone pizza and wedges
Egg and chips :D
Add flour 45p and lard 39p
£13.56
Phew...people and their kindness putting me off my swing!
BBS x
I want a cup of coffee!! Can't have one..its not in the budget!!

No comments:

Post a Comment