Pages

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Tooosdi as they say round ere

I have been a busy little fairy :) Although alot of it was housework. Mommy says it must have been spring cleaning. I just couldn't take the mess any longer!
I have worksurfaces...


Would you look at that...clear! And this side too...
Oh shiny joy that is my tiny kitchen! When I first moved back I had to cook in a caravan kitchen for months as I had no kitchen! And no bathroom or toilet either. I cannot tell you how happy I was when I finally got a bath!! We had showers, in tiny caravan, in a bloomin freezing winter. Brrr. least I know I can rough it if times ever get hard!
Anyhoo... hummus for lunch, from the shelves :0 Tin of chickpeas, 2tbsp lemon juice, tsp tahini, 1/4 cup oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/8 tsp cayenne :) zizzed up in the little zizzer..eh voila!
Yummy!! Lunchtime...
Hummus, purple freezer slaw and some salad :D Aint I a good girl...pity about birthday cake for afters!!
That gave me enough energy to tackle the woodpile.
We had two stacks of 'bogoak'. Which is petrified oak that has been buried under the ground for thousands of years. It comes up when the land gets ploughed. Its as tough as iron, and the first year we came back we helped cut up a load of it...7 years ago. And theres still half of it left. We only use it last thing at night as it keeps the woodburner in all night.
So, i uncovered the 2 piles, then threw it all to one side...
Boggy:) This has given me some space for my freshly cut wood to sit and season :)
Thats how much I've managed to chop so far. I know it doesn't look alot but its good, honest hard work and it will keep me warm more than once as dad used to say. And haven't I stacked it nicely (so far).
Tea was...pukka pie and homemade chips :) No picture as I was hungry and it dissappeared too fast! Potatoes were homegrown and the pukkas were from the last foray to Makro wholesale! There are enough left for one more pukka tea:) And I accidentally made donut holes....
Warm donut holes :) Mmmm So I sent my poor mate home with some :)
And today...zero earnt - zero spent :)
BBS x



No comments:

Post a Comment