Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Day 3 LBTL

Still here trying to help someone as the days pass...and how do I pass my days??


What can you do with an egg and some cheap bread if you get the munchies late at night?...

Sizzle sizzle..

Eggy bread!! Aka gypsy toast:) Ok, its not healthy, but it is cheap!!
So here is the mainstay of our diets for the next few weeks...
Yay, potatoes!! Not many left now. But enough to be our penny saver:)

Chip chopped some kindling today, hopefully there won't be loads more nights when I'll have to light the fire! Nearly May! And found a new use for some old boots I'd been hanging onto..
Marvellous recepticle! Mine, OH's and DS's old work boots! I like the binder twine laces on DS's old boots!!

This lovely marigold is for the ladies who sponsored me :) Thankyou, Mommy, Fiona and Anne-Marie. Think of me when you eat a lovely bar of chocolate!! Or have a lovely cup of coffee!
And if you ever visit you can sit in the comfy chair next to the fire x
Well, the last of the pennies are in for the april challenge. Earnt - £13! Leaving me £20 ish!

We were up to £13.56 i think so far spent this week...today I spent...
Carrots 59p
Cucumber 39p
£14.54
Hopefully thats it..Ds has been munching his was through the veg very happily! And OH has nearly demolished the cake!
Tonights tea was potato and some of the ham gratin. With some of the dehydrated leeks I grew.


Ok, so it was mainly potatoes. But I'm using the £1 a day that would have been for my mate eating here for all the veg we grew :-) And if I can grow things I know anyone can! My mommy grows things in her garden too...must run in the family!

Look my celery has germinated!! Even if I have to put it right in a corner away from the celeriac I AM having celery here again. I can remember cutting it when I was alot younger with mommy. And its one of my favourite vegetables!
I want chocolate cake...I'm cranky!
This here limited budget thing is harder than I thought!
£14.83
I forgot about the jam! 29p
At least its sweet:D
I like jam:) the really cheap stuff reminds me of the stuff they had at school! Food holds alot of memories for me...funny eh?
Oh and I forgot...I went to bed with a rumbly tummy last night. I'd normally have a sarnie or something naughty like cake. But I wanted there to be enough cake left for my beloved. Aint I a peach!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment