Pages

Thursday 10 April 2014

Purple Thursday

Why purple thursday? Well...
there was alot of purple in my day...remember the last of the PSB?
Well, thats half of it in the collander. Ready to be blanched...

4 Little bags for the freezer! :) And the rest???

Chopped up very fine and in the dehydrator! Bye bye PSB!!! So that was purple #1.
Purple #2....

Ahh remember the last of the purple cabbage in the basket? All chippety chopped up and ready to freeze. It makes great freezer slaw :) great for some crunch with pitta's!



9 bags of it!! Guess what? The freezer is very full again. I'm hoping to find time over the next week to transfer all the veg I've frozen to the smaller freezer!
Purple #3


The very last of the beetroot, not as sweet and lovely as at the beginning of the season but waste not want not..pickle-tastic:)

The last 2 lonely ones became OH's roll filling at lunch time...purple rolls? Yick!
What else went purple do you think???

OK, so vaguely blue fingers! Oh dear! I wonder if it will wear off as its girls night out tomorrow night! Girls is a bit of a misnomer...its me and my friend and maybe her daughter!!
Also made choccy fudge brownies...but you've seen those before :) And as I had some pastry left from the pastyfest and as the rhubarb is looking ready..

Rhubarb pie :) yum yum and its one of OH's favourites...aint I loverly!!
Toady I earnt...nowt..but spent nowt!!
And lastly...this is for mommy....

Fried onions!!! Hot dogs for tea!! Not healthy but quick and everyone loves them!!
Got a busy few days and nights ahead so if I go missing don't panic..girls night out tomorrow night. Saturday is DS's 18th birthday :D and he is going to the big city with his big sis and going out on the town!! Meaning I get some grown up time!!!
BBS x I may not be being good ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I have remembered this correctly, but think lemon juice works on hands to remove stains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give it a go. If they're bad I use sugar, oil and washing up liquid usually, scrubby! Mo x

    ReplyDelete