Pages

Thursday 17 April 2014

Fairy share of the pennies

Well, I don't have alot but I wanna help others too so Live Below the Line has some pennies from me...yes I know, sad to sponsor myself...but I think of the good the sally Army does for the old folks round here. And one of these days I'm gonna be an old folk!
I've decided, in my infinite wisdom, that the boys are doing it too! And I'm NOT going to tell them :D
We WILL be eating some of the things we've grown and allowing for seed costs. Last year, end of season I got alot of seeds for 29p a packet. growing food doesn't have to be expensive!
I've been playing with the mysupermarket shopping basket to see what I can afford...not alot...but they do like eggs anyway! nearer the time I'll post my shopping list :)
Anyway...DS chopped even more wood for me today...I nearly have 3 rows now! And we put a roof on the pile as it was spitting with rain!



OOOOoo wood!!!
canelloni for tea....
Hmmm and how long have they been on the shelves????

OMG!!!! Hey its best before not use by!! And what the eye ignores the heart won't grieve over!
And from the freezer some meaty bolognaise sauce..
Nom nom. Pint of white sauce...topped with 'parmesan'!
Thats us lot fed from the freezer and shelves...i fancied garlic bread but no one else did so I was overruled!!! No one likes garlic kisses!!
Had to restart Herman today, someone had forgot to stir and feed him...ooops...
Poor little thing!

Ah bubbles, thats better!  there may be fresh rolls to go with the cress...

on monday!! You never know!
(And its my birthday too :D)
Today, earnt - zero, spent - zero!!

Nope, never looks pretty, but it tasted great!!
BBS x 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday for yesterday. Having seen the photographs of your 'private shop', I was going to ask if/how you keep on top of stock rotation:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some things I write on in marker pen the date, and we have a strict first in first out system. And I'm never over worried by 'best before' dates!! (as you can tell from the canelloni tubes!) It's took about 7 years now to figure out whats worth keeping on the shelves! Mo x

    ReplyDelete