Pages

Thursday 3 April 2014

Thurs 3rd..grow my little foodstuff

The radishes I planted have germinated :) There should be salad leaves and radishes by May (she says hopefully!)
Today I earnt zero...and spent...zero!
I was hopeing this challenge would help me clear out one of the freezers, so I can use less electric for a while..but..

Well..the big freezer is still this full so no hope! The challenge may have to run for 2 months!! Although the first wek of may is Live Below the Line week :)
I'm still not sure if OH and DS will join in! I hope so as it triples my budget! And £15 a week for the 3 of us is better than £5 for just little old me!
(please feel free to donate, I chose the sally army as our local one helps alot of people:))
Tea tonight was Rice-a-roni copycat :)
And yes, I got moaned at for taking a picture of my tea again! Yay!
Anyway..it is cheap, and filling DS loves it and these are the ingredients..

1 lonely chicken breast! Cup of rice, half cup of orzo pasta, then the flavouring...
1tsp parsley(dried)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garl;ic powder
4 tsp buillon powder
6tsp parmesan
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp dried PSB!!
Just Saute the rice and pasta in 2 tbsp butter,when golden add cooked chicken, flavorings and 4 cups of water. Cook with lid on for 15-20 mins...hey presto!!
OH had a strop on and was like a small child and wouldn't eat much of his but the dog didn't mind:)
He has been told I won't cook it for him again! I won't have fussy eaters..especially 48 year old ones!!
Whiles rummaging in the freezer I found blackberries...

I decided as I haven't used any so far to make pies, its unlikely that I will. So I cooked them up and they will become blackberry cordial tomorrow and get canned!! Already straining!


Thats about enough from me today!!!
BBS x

No comments:

Post a Comment